The $1,000 MoolahSPOT Scholarship is sponsored by MoolahSPOT.com and helps students of any age pay for higher education. The scholarship is a competition based on a short essay. Family income, grades, and test scores are not used in selecting a winner. The award must be used for any education-related expenses such as tuition, fees, books, and room and board.
Who is Eligible: Any student at least 16 years or older who plans to attend, or is currently attending, college or graduate school. Students may be of any nationality and reside in any country. Students may study any major or plan to enter any career field at any accredited college or graduate school. Although applicants can be from any country, all applications must be completed in English.
To enter the scholarship, please complete the following scholarship application and submit an essay in 400 words or less about:
- 1. Why do you deserve to win this scholarship? -OR-
- 2. What is your academic or career goal? -OR-
- 3. Describe what is most important to you and why. -OR-
- 4. Any topic of your choice.
In fact, it’s okay to re-use an essay that you wrote in class, for college admission or for another scholarship competition.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Essay required