The legal profession remains one of the least diverse of any profession. According to the American Bar Association’s National Lawyer Population Survey in 2017, about 5% of active attorneys identified as Black or African American and about 5% identified as Hispanic or Latino. Unfortunately, in addition to these racial and ethnic diversity categories, there remains a gap in the legal field for just about every other minority group out there – women and the LGBTQ+ community included.
At The Law Offices of Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya, we want to encourage diversity in the legal industry. That is why we have created the DP Law Encouraging Diversity Scholarship! This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a minority law or pre-law student.
The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is residing in one of the 50 states or in Washington DC and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be American Indian/Alaska Native
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Must be Hispanic
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Resume Required