The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) data states that in 2019, distracted driving was a reported factor in 8.5% of fatal motor vehicle crashes. In 2018, 25% of the distracted drivers involved in fatal crashes were young adults aged 20–29.
Statistics like these show us how important it is to remain alert while driving, especially for young adults who are more at risk. That is why we have decided to offer a $1,000 Yellow Light Scholarship to help encourage citizens to learn from their experiences on the road and to promote awareness of the dangers of distracted driving.
The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Resume Required