Our merit-based scholarships are awarded twice per year to support and encourage women to study all aspects of International Trade including commercial relations, trade policy and negotiations, economic development, women’s economic empowerment, and more.
Application deadlines are April 1 and November 1 of each year.
• Applicants must identify as female and be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time. Applicants must be undergraduate Juniors or Seniors or enrolled in graduate studies.
• Awards will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant’s demonstrated interest in international trade, and are made without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, ability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Selected winners will receive $1,500 and:
• One full year of personal mentorship by a WIIT Trust or a WIIT member.
• One full year of WIIT membership.
• One WIIT program based on the topic of the winning essay with knowledgeable professionals from the WIIT community. The scholarship winner will have a visible opportunity to engage in a role in the panel discussion.
- Must be Female
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Essay required