The Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program provides scholarships to fill unmet financial need of veterans after military benefits and other grants and scholarships have been packaged by their school. This financial support will allow veterans to focus on completing their education and reduce reliance on student loans. Awards of $5,000 per year will be granted. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
Applicants to the Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program must:
- Have served in the United States military, this includes the Reserves and National Guard.
- Be honorably-discharged (no longer drilling or serving) veterans who have received a Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs or DD214 or another document of service stating “Honorable Discharged” by the program application deadline date. Spouses or widow of disabled veterans meeting the above criteria may also apply.
- Be high school or GED graduates, current undergraduate or graduate level students enrolled in full-time undergraduate (first Associates or Bachelor’s) or graduate (first Master’s degree) study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school* for the entire upcoming academic year. Doctorate study is not eligible.
*College must not be on warning or probationary status with the federal government, or must not be in litigation with the federal government or a state.
- Have completed the FAFSA to ensure full discovery of actual unmet need.
- Use any military education benefits for which they are eligible in the upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
- Served in any military service
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Copy of DD214