Mr. Edward C. Tang established this award in 2007 to provide financial assistance to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (g/l/b/t) Asian and Pacific Islanders (API) for post-secondary education. This scholarship is to help LGBT youth proudly achieve educational pursuits and dreams without shame. This scholarship awards up to four outstanding students annually, a scholarship of up to $15,000.
These scholarships are renewable for a maximum of three additional years (for a total of four years), provided each student annually meets the renewal requirements.
- self-identified as Asian/Pacific Islander (at least 25 percent Asian/Pacific Islander ancestry), lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender and involved in the LGBT community;
- a graduate of a high school in one of the nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Napa, Sonoma or Solano;
- a full-time (minimum 12 units for all semesters/quarters) enrollment in an accredited two- or four-year college, community college, university, graduate school or vocational school;
- a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0; a demonstrated academic promise;
- a demonstrated financial hardship;
- and a United States citizen or legal resident
- Aged between 17 and 25 years old
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is a comprehensive center of philanthropy. With visionary leadership, strategic grantmaking and world-class expertise, we partner with donors to strengthen the common good locally and throughout the world.Website