Type of Awards:
- Five (5) Digital SLR Cameras will be awarded to five (5) high school students. (High school applicants should only submit still photographs. The video awards are for college and graduate students only.)
- Five (5) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to five (5) college or technical school students, payable to their school. Four awards will be for video work while one will be for still photography.
- One (1) $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to one (1) graduate student, payable to their school, for video work.
- High school students applying for these scholarships must have completed one year at an accredited high school (student must therefore be a sophomore or older) and should have taken at least one photography or related art class.
- College or technical school students applying for these scholarships must have completed one year at an accredited college, university, or professional school (student must therefore be a sophomore or older),
and have taken courses in photography or photojournalism.
- Graduate students applying for a scholarship should be enrolled in a journalism or photojournalism program.
- High school, college and graduate students should have at least one semester remaining at time of award.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
How To ApplyOnline
Online at: https://www.jamesalancoxfoundation.org/apply/
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information