Sertoma’s Scholarship for the Hard of Hearing or Deaf is the leading scholarship for hard of hearing or deaf students since the program’s inception in 1994. Students with clinically significant bilateral hearing loss, graduating from high school, or undergraduate students pursuing four-year college degrees in any discipline are eligible for the scholarship.
- Must have a minimum 40dB bilateral hearing loss, as evidenced on audiogram by an SRT & PTA of 40dB or greater in both ears
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree on a full-time basis at a college or university in the United States – graduate degrees, associate degrees, community colleges, and vocational programs do not qualify.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 un-weighted scale
- High School senior – Cumulative GPA is for grades 9-11 and first semester for grade 12
- College freshman – Cumulative GPA is all of high school and first semester of college
- College sophomore or higher – Cumulative GPA for all college-level semesters completed
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Learning Disabled
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Recent audiogram (must not be any older than two years)
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Sertoma, Inc.
For more than 100 years, volunteers known as Sertomans serve communities across the United States, Canada, and internationally. Originally known as Co-Operative International, each member takes pride in the color history of the Co-Operative Club and Sertoma International.Website