A $500 award will be given to a first-generation college student pursuing a bachelor’s degree program. Study.com strives to assist students with their educational goals, including students who break barriers as part of the first generation of their family to enter college.
Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Applicants should be part of the first generation of their family (i.e., parents and grandparents did not attend a college or university) to attend a four-year college program.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident.
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above-mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Study.com if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
Award funds can be used to supplement tuition or to pay for certification and skills testing for future teachers (Praxis test, CBEST/CSET), and nurses (HESI test, TEAS test).
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Essay required