For undergraduate or master’s students with a declared major in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM).
Samsung Semiconductor Inc.’s theme of “Collaborate. Innovate. Grow.” has served as the company’s mantra to drive technology innovation today and for the next 30 years in Silicon Valley. To help support the valley’s continued legacy as the epicenter of innovation and growth in high-tech, the company has made a commitment to the next generation of innovators by establishing its Samsung@First Scholars program. The scholarship program’s goal is to support those outstanding scientists, technologists, engineers, and mathematicians who will lead the world for the next 30 years and beyond.
- Current undergraduate student entering their sophomore, junior or senior year in the upcoming academic school year OR undergraduate senior accepted into a master’s program OR current master’s student
- Planning to enroll on a full-time basis (as defined by the program of study) in a California, public four-year college/university
- Preference given to students enrolling in a school in the greater Bay Area (includes Santa Clara, San Mateo, San Francisco, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa, Solano, Sonoma)
- Declared major in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM). Preference given to computer science and engineering (CISE) and engineering majors.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- For residents of the following states: California
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is a comprehensive center of philanthropy. With visionary leadership, strategic grantmaking and world-class expertise, we partner with donors to strengthen the common good locally and throughout the world.Website