The Red Thread Scholarship is available to college-bound women of international backgrounds who will be entering an American college or university in the coming Fall. If selected, scholars are awarded $1000 to help offset the cost of tuition, books, and living expenses. Other awards may be disbursed as funds are available.
Women of an international background, including foreign students, immigrants, or first-generation Americans, who are first-year entrants to a U.S. college or university program are eligible to apply for the Red Thread Scholarship Program. Applicants to graduate programs are not eligible. There are no GPA or U.S. residency requirements.
The application consists of several short-answer questions, two essays, and two letters of recommendation. We require that at least one of your recommenders be an academic reference, such as a teacher or a guidance counselor. Both the application form and the letters of recommendation must be submitted online by the application deadline to be considered.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Interview required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information