We are looking for high school seniors who have shown outstanding academic ability despite financial challenges. We take a holistic approach to reviewing applications, and we do not have absolute criteria or cut-offs for GPA, standardized test scores, income, or other factors.
The National College Match is open to all U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents OR students, regardless of citizenship, currently attending high school in the United States.
Additional Citizenship Requirements
Important considerations for students who are not U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents, but are attending high school in the United States: Only some of our colleges will consider non-U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents for admission and full scholarships through the Match.
We seek students who have demonstrated a level of academic achievement that meets or exceeds the admissions standards of our colleges.
Finalists typically come from households earning less than $65,000 annually for a typical family of four and have minimal assets. This is not a strict cut-off and we encourage students who feel they have faced significant financial hardship to review these financial criteria carefully to see if they may qualify.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Test scores required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required