The Pursuit of Excellence scholarship program is a local program focused on high school seniors and community college transfers for whom additional funds can be the tipping point in allowing them to attend a four-year college. Scholarship recipients typically have challenging backgrounds and are determined to go to college. First-year awards range from $500 to $5,000. Renewal amounts for subsequent years are based on the student’s need and performance. The Pursuit of Excellence scholarship foundation provides support to low-income, hard-working students, helping them fulfill their dreams of earning a college degree. We are personal and flexible and will support you for as long as you are in school.
Applications are typically due in February of either your senior year in high school or for community college students, the year you apply to transfer.
- To apply to POE SF Peninsula, you must attend one of the following high schools: Carlmont, Castilleja, Eastside Prep, Gunn, Menlo-Atherton, Paly, Sequoia, Summit, Woodside
- To apply to POE South Bay, you must attend one of the following high schools: Los Gatos High School, Pioneer High School or Lincoln High School
- To apply to POE Mid-Atlantic, you must attend one of the following high schools: Wakefield High School, Justice High School, and St. Michaels High School
- To apply to the POE Community College Scholarship, you must be applying to transfer to a UC for Fall 2021 and attend one of the following community colleges: Canada College, De Anza College, Foothill College, CSM, Skyline
Students must graduate from high school in good standing planning to attend a 4-year university or a community college and then transfer to a 4-year institution. For community college transfer applicants, students must apply to transfer to a UC and be eligible to transfer the year they apply for POE.
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required