The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is the United States’ largest youth recognition program based exclusively on volunteer community service.
Created in 1995 by Prudential and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the program honors middle level and high school students for outstanding service to others at the local, state and national level.
Thus far, it has recognized more than 140,000 young people who’ve made a difference – and inspired countless others to consider how they might contribute to their communities.
The Spirit of Community Awards program also honors youth volunteers in countries outside the U.S. where Prudential has a significant presence: Japan, India, China, and Brazil.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be in grades 5-12 as of the application deadline
- Be a legal resident of any U.S. state or Washington, D.C.
- Have engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred during the 12 months prior to the date of the application
- Must currently be in high school
- Application form required
- Essay required