The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial support to college or university students preparing for teaching middle school mathematics.
- Persons currently completing their junior year of college or university, scheduling for full-time study at a four- or five-year college or university in the next academic year, and pursuing a career goal of becoming a certified teacher of middle school mathematics.
- The applicant’s college grade point average (GPA) must be at least 3.0 (out of 4.0) or equivalent.
- No person(s) may receive more than one award administered by the Mathematics Education Trust in the same academic year.
- The applicant must be a current (on or before the application deadline) student member of NCTM.
Proposal portion of the application: The proposal must include evidence of the applicant’s past academic achievement in a college or university and the applicant’s commitment to pursue a teaching career in middle school mathematics.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Resume Required