The purpose of the Gay Asian Pacific Alliance (GAPA) Foundation Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students in high school; undergraduate, graduate or professional school; or trade or vocational school who express activism in the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) and/or lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) communities.
Our scholarships range from $1000–$5000, and our portfolio of recipients have included both undergraduates and graduates across a spectrum of ages, gender identities, sexual orientation, racial and ethnic background, and more. We have funded artists, activists, researchers, lawyers, therapists, and hope to continue highlighting and empowering our student community.
You must be attending a post-secondary institution in the United States in the upcoming academic year (starting in the Fall of this current year) when applying. The application is open to students who attend community college, university, and trade/vocational school. Applicants should have a strong history of engagement within the API and/or LGBTQ+ communities.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Prism Foundation
Prism Foundation is a grassroots philanthropic organization that provides funds and leverages resources to empower the Asian/Pacific Island LGBTQ community.Website