Pride Foundation provides scholarships to current and future LGBTQ+ and straight-ally student leaders from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. Our scholarships cover most accredited post-secondary schools, including community colleges; 4-year public or private colleges and universities; trade or certificate programs; and graduate, medical, or law school.
Students submit one application and will be automatically considered for the 60+ scholarships that the Pride Foundation offers. Specific eligibility requirements vary for each scholarship, however, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Show leadership potential either within the LGBTQ+ community or within their field of study
- Lack a broader LGBTQ+ community support system
- Face additional barriers to educational access, including students who are economically, racially, socially, geographically, or politically disenfranchised
- Demonstrate significant financial need
- Must be a high school senior or current college student
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required