For more than 30 years, Posse has identified and trained young people with extraordinary potential who might be missed by elite schools. Our program places Scholars in supportive, multicultural groups of 10 students — Posses. With mentoring and full-tuition leadership scholarships from our partner colleges, Posse Scholars graduate at a rate of 90 percent. As alumni, they are well prepared and positioned for success.
Posse works with a network of public high schools and community-based organizations in 10 cities who nominate talented and diverse students. Students must be nominated for the Posse Scholars Program by someone in their community.
To be eligible, a high school senior must:
- Be nominated by their high school or a community-based organization
- Be in the first term of their senior year in high school
- Demonstrate leadership within their high school, community or family
- Demonstrate academic potential
- Apply on time; depending on the Posse city, nominations are accepted in the spring and summer before senior year begins (contact your local Posse office for specific deadlines)
The Posse Scholarship is neither a minority nor a need-based scholarship. It is open to students of all backgrounds.
The Posse Foundation could not exist without its partner colleges and universities, which provide Posse Scholars with full-tuition scholarships, weekly faculty mentoring, and other support. Click here for a list of all the colleges and universities that the Posse Foundation partners with.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required