This scholarship was established in memory of Chuck Platt, co-founder and longtime Treasurer of The Lincoln Forum, and sponsor of its annual Platt Family Lincoln Essay Contest for college students. Designed for full-time, undergraduate students in an American college or university, recipients are chosen by the Scholarship Committee of The Lincoln Forum based on their submitted essay. Essay topics are chosen each year by this committee. The first-place winner has the opportunity to attend the annual symposium of The Lincoln Forum in Gettysburg, PA in November.
US citizenship is not required, however, you must be studying at a US college or university to apply.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Essay required
- Entry in a contest required