The Dr. Dan J. and Patricia S. Pickard Scholarship Fund was established at the Dallas Foundation in 2004 to assist African-American male students in Dallas County. Dr. Pickard was an optometrist and founder of the Pickard eye clinic. He believed that if you did something nice for someone and they do something nice for someone else, you can affect the lives of many people. The Scholarship Fund is his way of “passing it on”.
Eligibility: Applicants must be African-American male students graduating from high schools in Dallas County. Applicants must have at least a 2.5 grade point average. Preference may be given to those who can demonstrate financial need. Personal interviews may be required.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- For residents of the following states: Texas
- Must be Male
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Application form required
- Interview required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: The Dallas Foundation
Established as a community foundation in 1929-the first in Texas-The Dallas Foundation brings together people, ideas, and investments in Greater Dallas so individuals and families can reach their full potential.Website