The Pride Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer (LGBTQ+) OR LGBTQ+ Allies. The fund was created by Phoenix Pride to support LGBTQ+ students and LGBTQ+ Allies in furthering their educational goals.
Applicant must be/have:
- a resident of Arizona (but may study elsewhere); enrolled as a full-time student while receiving the scholarship (minimum 12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduate per semester) as defined by the school you plan to attend (proof will be required);
- a student accepted to a United States Department of Education approved Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) institution that is not on academic probation with any higher education accreditation agency for the following school year;
- minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school, general education degree (GED), college, career/tech school or other accredited institution; LGBTQ+ member or Ally with a record of involvement in the local community (does not have to be exclusive to the LGBTQ+ community but should reflect active volunteering and participation in philanthropic initiatives)
2 additional awards available at $1,000 for a student involved in high school sports at the junior varsity or varsity level.
Financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
Award is $5,000, in payments of $2,500 before the start of each semester. The scholarship is not renewable. Students may re-apply and be considered for subsequent awards along with new applicants. Awards are limited to a maximum of four per student.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Community Service Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Phoenix Pride
Phoenix Pride, founded in 1981, was established primarily for charitable, educational and social purposes. The main purpose of Phoenix Pride is to promote unity, visibility, and self-esteem among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer persons; andWebsite