- Must currently have a minimum of 12 credits
- All applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must provide official transcript
- All applicants must submit a minimum of 2 examples of your work.
- Applicants must have a letter of recommendation from a journalism or media professor.
- All applicants must submit a 1,200 word essay
The Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists is offering two (2) $2,500 scholarships to Philadelphia area college students pursuing a career in journalism / multimedia arts. Those eligible for this journalism challenge must be enrolled full-time in a four-year accredited college in the Philadelphia region (Philly, South Jersey, Delaware). Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in journalism or communications (i.e. television, radio, print, new media) or in another major working toward a journalism career.
The Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists is offering one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a Philadelphia area community college student enrolled full time in a two year accredited community college. Student must be pursuing an associate degree in journalism / multimedia arts.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Entry in a contest required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists
The organization is a not-for-profit organization that aids and advocates for African-Americans in Journalism. Also offers workshops that teach the community how to gain access to the media.Website