PDK International supports educators throughout the arc of their career and the PDK Educational Foundation endowed scholarship program provides financial assistance for undergraduate and advanced degree education to those pursuing careers in K – 12 public education. These scholarships are funded through the generosity of donors – members of Educators Rising, Educators Rising Collegiate, Pi Lambda Theta, and PDK Association – who are committed to supporting the next generation of public educators.
Every year, the PDK Educational Foundation Scholarship Program awards about 100 scholarships across all membership types. One-time and renewable awards range from $500 to $5,000. The application is designed to capture any specific eligibility criteria designated by the donor(s) and applicants are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A member in good standing of one of the following associations: Educators Rising, Educators Rising Collegiate, Pi Lambda Theta, and/or PDK Association; and
- Pursuing a career in public education; and
- Enrolled in an institution of higher education full- or part-time for the fall semester of the application year. If you will not be enrolled and paying tuition and fees in the fall, then you are not eligible.
**PDK is an international organization; there is no U.S. citizenship requirement.**
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required