The scholarship will award $1,000 to a student who best describes a significant event or challenge they have faced, explains how they overcame that challenge, the impact it had on them, and how they have or will use what they learned throughout the process to help others.
The Overcoming Obstacles Scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program within the United States.
Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Essay required
How To ApplyOnline
Online at: https://www.familylawma.com/resources/overcoming-obstacles-scholarship/Email
Email: [email protected]
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information