The Ora Frishberg Saloman Fund is named in honor of Ora Frishberg Saloman, known for her path-breaking scholarship and graduate teaching, notably research in nineteenth-century trans-Atlantic connections between European and American music criticism and reception history.
The award is to be given annually to one or more doctoral students at or graduates of North American universities to conduct doctoral or post-doctoral musicological research-oriented to music criticism and reception history.
If they seek to conduct research for their dissertation, they must have completed all other requirements for the Ph.D.
If they seek to conduct post-doctoral research, they should have completed the Ph.D. within the past five years.
Preference will be given to applicants whose home institutions do not offer financial support for musicological research.
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Essay required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Entry in a contest required
- 800-character summary of your proposal, letter of support, Information regarding institution(s) you intend to visit, itinerary and budget