The NCSHP established this charitable fund at Triangle Community Foundation to benefit Hispanic students in North Carolina. We realize that the high cost of college tuition is often a major factor that students evaluate when considering a college education.
The North Carolina Hispanic College Fund (NCHCF) awards annual scholarships worth between $500 and $2,500 to help students who desire to attend college pay for their education. Scholarships recipients are recent graduates of North Carolina high schools who are of Hispanic/Latino background. Recipients of the NC Hispanic College Fund scholarship must enroll in a degree program at a community college or a 2 or 4-year college/university and be committed to public service and community development.
Preference will be given to foreign-born applicants or the native-born children of foreign-born parents.
Recipients will be chosen based on family economic need, community involvement, academic achievement, volunteerism, and leadership.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be Hispanic
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required