Each year, the North Carolina Business and Professional Womenâs Foundation, Inc.Â awards scholarships to deserving women to help them in their pursuit of higher education.Â The North Carolina Business and Professional Women’s Foundation, Inc. offers four types of scholarships:
Elsie G. Riddick Scholarship –Â Scholarship for the study of business or a professional career
Ruth Moss Easterling Scholarship –Â Scholarship for the study of law to include legal secretary, public administrator or political science
Joyce V. Lawrence Scholarship –Â Scholarship for study related to the field of education
BPW/NC Foundation Scholarships –Â These scholarships are available in any field of study.
General eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be female and in good academic standing (2.5 GPA or higher)
- Applicant must be currently enrolled (full or part-time) at an accredited community college, college or university â accredited by the appropriate accreditation board. Freshmen are not eligible to apply, only available to sophomore and above.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of North Carolina.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must be Female
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Resume Required