Launched in 1999, this program is designed to reward New York City high school students who have achieved academic excellence while overcoming hardship or other difficult circumstances. Recipients will receive a four-year scholarships of up to $15,000 per academic year.
The scholarships are for students who have a sense of social purpose, an interest in journalism and a wide array of personal ambitions, and they are integral to our belief that a college education imparts lifelong benefits.
Our students have graduated from dozens of high schools throughout New York’s boroughs and have attended colleges throughout the country.
To be eligible, applicants must be current high school seniors who attend a public, parochial or private school in New York City and who have demonstrated:
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Success in the face of adversity
- Significant financial need
Preference will be given to students whose parents have not graduated from accredited American four-year colleges or universities. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required