The New Leader Scholarship supports students enrolled at certain Bay Area public universities (see below) with an annual award of up to $8,000. The New Leader Scholarship requires a separate application (see below).
- Students must be enrolled at one of the following: California State University, East Bay Campus; San Francisco State University; San Jose State University; Sonoma State University; or University of California at Berkeley.
- Students must be enrolled in upper division courses and in attendance for at least one academic year, with 60 units or more, 24 of which were attained at the present university.
- Students must be studying the social sciences, human services, public interest law, health-related fields, or public service.
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA either at the current school or at a combination of the current school plus all schools previously attended. Consideration will be given to students with a GPA of 3.2 – 3.49.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units each in the Fall and Spring semester.
- 3.5 Minimum GPA
- For residents of the following states: California
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
How To ApplyOnline
Online at: https://www.10000degrees.org/new-leader-scholarship/
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information