The Award of first prize will consist of a commercially distributed recording, with production expenses paid by CRS for a new compact disc featuring one composition along with other distinguished composers’ chamber works including piano. (This CRS approved Digital Master will include a credit of $4,000 toward the CD production expenses paid by CRS.) Second and Third Prizes will be awarded CRS Honorary Life Membership. The fee of $75.00 is returned to Applicants applying, up to the first 50 entries. Applicants may submit up to (3) taped/compositions which fee/donation is applied to production costs for the benefit of composer’s/members/participants.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required
- Application fee required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Contemporary Record Society
The society was established to promote both a fellowship in the musical arts between performing artists, composers, presenters, and commercial recordings of participants in this endeavor. It offers to members throughout the globe, in each nations’ community, the opportunity to take an active part in this endeavor through our performances, lectures, recordings and master classes.Website