Individuals who are selected for the MTES must:
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. A student’s residency and citizenship status are determined by the postsecondary institution. Questions regarding such status should be directed to the financial aid office or admissions office of the institution the student plans to attend.
- Have not earned more than 18 hours of upper-division-level courses in education at the time of application.
- Belong to one of the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan native.
- Be admitted into a teacher education program at any of the program’s eligible participating postsecondary institutions.
Two deadlines: August 1, November 30
- For residents of the following states: Florida
- Application form required
- Essay required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Florida Fund for Minority Teachers, Inc.
For over 20 years, the Florida Fund for Minority Teachers, Inc. has answered the call and continues to provide the great state of Florida with High Quality, Highly Qualified minority teachers. FFMT is governed by a Governor appointed Board of Directors from institutions of higher education and various industries throughout the state.Website