Purpose: To provide financial assistance to promote medical education for women.
Scholarship Amount: $5,000.00 per recipient per year
1) Applicant must be female.
2) Scholarship monies must be used at an accredited Texas college, university or certification program
3) If seeking a degree, applicant must have completed at least two semesters of studies. If seeking certification only, applicant must be registered for the certification program and have already paid the fees associated therewith.
4) Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the registrar of recipient’s chosen college or university unless applicant is seeking a certificate. In the event applicant is seeking a certificate, scholarship monies will be paid to applicant contingent on proof of payment being already made by applicant.
5) A recipient of this scholarship remains eligible to apply for future scholarships.
6) Applicant must be pursuing a M.D., D.O., O.D. or a Master of Science in Medical Sciences or in pursuit of a degree or certification in one of the areas listed below in order to qualify for this scholarship:
Cardiovascular Technologist, Cytotechnologist, Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Assistant, Medical Sonographer, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Midwife, Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Therapist, Orthotic and Prosthetic Professional, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist, Surgical Technician, Other related medical field
Other Scholarship Criteria:
If seeking a degree:
- a. Applicant must have a 3.0 or better grade point average; Submit certified transcripts of all college work.
- b. An essay shall be submitted by the applicant, not to exceed two pages, discussing one of the following topics: Importance of Women in Medicine, or Why Have You Chosen Medicine as your Career Path
- c. Two letters of reference must accompany application (example: college professors,counselors, employers or professional colleagues);
- d. Name of institution and student ID for the scholarship check and address to send check.
- For residents of the following states: Texas
- Must be Female
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Texas Federation of Business and Professional Women's Foundation
Over the past 20 years Texas Business & Professional Women’s Foundation has provided financial support totaling over half a million dollars toward furthering the dreams, ambitions and knowledge of Texas women. Indeed, the Foundation’s mission is straightforward – helping Texas women succeed!Website