The Maureen L. and Howard N. Blitman, P.E., Scholarship to Promote Diversity in Engineering is awarded annually to a high school senior from an ethnic minority who has been accepted into an ABET-accredited engineering program at a four-year college or university.
The scholarship is awarded in two disbursements of $2,500 each at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters of the freshman year.
Applicant must be a high school senior who:
- is a member of an underrepresented ethnic minority in the field of engineering: African-American, Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander.
- has been accepted into an ABET-accredited engineering program at a four-year college or university, and
- is a U.S. citizen.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Must be American Indian/Alaska Native
- Must be Asian/Pacific Islander
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Must be Hispanic, Latino/a
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
How To ApplyOnline
Online at: https://www.nspe.org/resources/students/scholarships/maureen-l-howard-n-blitman-pe-scholarship-promote-diversityEmail
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: National Society of Professional Engineers
The organization is the recognized voice and advocate of licensed Professional Engineers that provides continuing education opportunities and other services.Website