The award is to be given annually to one or more doctoral students at or graduates of North American universities to conduct doctoral or post-doctoral musicological research in France. If they seek to conduct research for their dissertation, they must have completed all other requirements for the Ph.D. If they seek to conduct post-doctoral research, they should have completed the Ph.D. within the past five years. Preference will be given to applicants whose home institutions do not offer financial support for musicological research. Applications for the following AMS travel and research grants are reviewed by a single committee. Since the terms for these grants have overlapping areas of emphasis, applicants may request to be considered for more than one, if appropriate. A place to indicate which travel/research grant(s) you wish to be considered for is given on the application form. Although applicants may request to be considered for several grants, one only may be awarded to successful applicants. No individual may receive a travel/research grant more than once in a three-year period.
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Essay required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Entry in a contest required
- 800-character summary of your proposal, letter of support, Information regarding institution(s) you intend to visit, itinerary and budget