The scholarship is funded by Lola Denise Jefferson in her honor and is to support a generic BSN student who is pursuing a nursing degree out of high school. Scholarship Requirements: (1) Must be a member of NBNA and a member of a local chapter (if one exists in your area). If a chapter does not exist within a 50-radius of your location you can join NBNA as a Direct Member; (2) Applicant must have at least one full year of school remaining and be in good scholastic standing at the time of application.
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Must be Black, non-Hispanic
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Special requirements exist (These are specified in text.)
- Photograph required
- NBNA Honor Pledge, CV, Personal Statement
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: National Black Nurses Association Inc.
The National Black Nurses Association is fortunate to have great nursing leaders among its leadership in a variety of areas. These programs help NBNA members grow stronger as they seek to provide culturally competent health care services in our communities.Website