The LEAGUE Foundation provides financial resources for U.S. Citizens (or legal immigrants) that are self-identified as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBTQ+).
Open to high school seniors entering their first year of institutions of higher learning.
The applicant must:
- Be graduating from high school in the year he / she applies for a scholarship.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Be attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the United States or Canada. Proof of acceptance is required.
- Provide an OFFICIAL copy of his / her high school transcript showing a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better using a 4.0 scale or equivalent. Weighted average can be used in this calculation. If the applicant’s high school does not use a numerical grading system, then a complete description of the measures of success and requirements for graduation is required.
- Complete 2 personal essays as outlined on the application form.
- Provide at least 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Prepare a detailed list of community involvement. “Extra-Credit” is given to those activities and leadership roles relating directly to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender communities.
- Sign an acknowledgement form agreeing to the outlined terms and conditions of the application. (See application form)
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: LEAGUE Foundation
The LEAGUE Foundation provides financial resources for America’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender high school seniors entering their first year of institutions of higher learning. The scholarship application opens annually in January and closes in April with awards distributed in the summer of each year.Website