The Latinos in Technology Scholarship was established by the Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley, a public foundation dedicated to inspiring community philanthropy and engaging people to invest in the educational achievement and leadership development of a thriving Hispanic community in Silicon Valley. This program will give up to 100 Latino students the support they need to graduate from college; an educational opportunity they would not have access to otherwise. Additionally, scholarship recipients will be considered for summer internships with sponsoring corporate investors. By implementing this program in Silicon Valley, HFSV will be able to directly address the local education gap among Latinos as well as begin to close the high tech employment diversity gap.
Up to $30,000 (paid over three years, provided renewal eligibility requirements are met).
- Must be of Latino or Hispanic origin (as defined by U.S. Census Bureau) and have a declared major in and been accepted into a STEM program.
- Must be a current college student entering their junior or senior year and planning to enroll on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Must be a graduate of a high school in the following Northern California counties: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Solano County, Sonoma County and Yolo County; or a graduate of a high school not in the above counties, but enrolled at a college/university within the 11 listed counties.
- Minimum cumulative college grade point average of 3.0.
- Must have demonstrated financial need and be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen (eligible non-citizens include United States legal residents and students who have obtained Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals).
Preference will be given to full-time and rising junior students.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Silicon Valley Community Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is a comprehensive center of philanthropy. With visionary leadership, strategic grantmaking and world-class expertise, we partner with donors to strengthen the common good locally and throughout the world.Website