The Knox County Foundation annually distributes more than $1 million in college scholarships through various competitive application processes. The Universal Scholarship Application is available each January with a deadline of March 1. The Vocational Scholarship Application is available year-round with deadlines of March 15th, July 15th, and October 15th. The Vaughn Wiester Music Scholarship deadline is March 1.
Traditional students, as well as adults returning to college, are encouraged to apply.
The Universal Scholarship Application is for applicants attending or planning to attend a fully-accredited two-year or four-year post-secondary institution, or those enrolled in medical school. Students must be enrolled full-time to receive a scholarship
- All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen. Most, but not all, scholarships require applicants to be a resident of Knox County, Ohio.
- While not a requirement for all, a majority of the scholarship funds have a financial need component.
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required