One $1,000 scholarship is made to an undergraduate student majoring in metallurgical engineering, materials science and engineering, or minerals processing/extraction programs. In addition, a travel stipend of $500 is available for the recipient to attend the TMS Annual Meeting, to formally receive the scholarship. Award recipients must travel to and attend the conference in order to receive the travel funds associated with this award.
- The applicant must be a student member of Material Advantage.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate sophomore or junior enrolled full time in a metallurgical/materials science engineering program at a qualified college or university.
- Relatives of members of the funding committee/division are not eligible.
- Submitted coursework must be relevant to the scholarship for which the student is applying.
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Resume Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
Donor: Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society (TMS)
The organization encompasses the entire range of materials and engineering, from materials processing and primary metals production to basic research and advanced applications of materials.Website