1. All students who graduate from Kalamazoo Public Schools (KPS), 2006 and beyond, are residing in the district, and have been KPS students for at least all of high school (enrollment and residency must be continuous).
2. Admitted to and enrolled at any of the post-secondary institutions listed here:
- Make regular progress toward a degree or certification as defined by Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) of The Promise.
- Must maintain a 2.0 grade point average at the post-secondary institution.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student, typically 12 credit hours a semester. Exceptions to this requirement are made for all students at Kalamazoo Valley Community College, all students enrolled during summer semesters, and on a case-by-case basis for all other students.
- If the GPA drops below 2.0, a student may be reinstated if they are able to bring their GPA back to at least a 2.0.
- Must currently be in high school
- For residents of the following states: Michigan
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required