Each year, the North Carolina Restaurant & Lodging Association’s Foundation awards a wide variety of scholarships to students, as well as vital grant funding to educators, across the state of North Carolina. These funds support the pursuit of higher education for future hospitality leaders, as well as instructors who want to continue their education.
This scholarship honors Angus Barn employee Jimmy Alfano, who had a passion for culinary arts and mentoring young people. Students eligible for this award must have experience as a restaurant employee, with preference given to those with independent restaurant experience. There are three scholarships available, each in the amount of $3,000.
- 3.0 Minimum GPA
- For residents of the following states: North Carolina
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required