The Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational experience – including tuition, living expenses, books, and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships they may receive. This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school. You do not have to attend college in the U.S., but you must attend a fully accredited four-year institution to pursue a baccalaureate degree.
- Ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the student experience.
To be eligible to apply to the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program you must:
•Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
•Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with a family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $35,000.
We require two academic recommendations which will be submitted through the Common App. One recommendation must be from an 11th-grade teacher in a core academic subject (English/language arts, mathematics, social studies/history, science, or foreign language), and one from another teacher or professor who has worked with you in the last four years.
You must reside in the United States or a U.S. territory and attend high school in the United States. At this time, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is not providing services to students who attend high school outside of the United States.
The number of scholars each year varies.
- 3.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information