Herb it Forward Scholarship Mission:
To provide financial assistance to students who have an incredibly optimistic spirit, a desire to help others, and a passion for giving back to their communities.
Inspired by Herb Lotman, a self-made businessman whose life was dedicated to helping others and giving back. “The ‘Herb it Forward’ Scholarship was created in his memory to educate those future leaders who will continue to pay it forward.
Herb It Forward Eligibility Criteria:
- Individuals 17-25 years of age
- Applicants must be residents of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, or the Greater Philadelphia Area, who are applying to or are students of accredited programs at colleges, vocational, or technical schools anywhere in the United States.
- At the time of application, eligible counties of residency include Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, and Delaware counties in Pennsylvania and Camden, Gloucester, and Burlington counties in New Jersey.
- Applicants must either be a senior in high school at the time of application or in their first year of education at a college or vocational/technical school. Please note college sophomores, juniors, seniors, or graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- All applicants have to state clearly in their application material how they have helped their community in the past and how they have chosen career paths to help in the future.
- Must demonstrate a strong financial need – see scholarship page for details.
- 10 individuals will receive a ‘First Place’ scholarship award renewable over (4) academic calendar years to be distributed as follows;
- Year (1): $5,000.00, Year (2): $2,500.00, Year (3): $1,000.00, Year (4): $1,000.00.
- 10 individuals will receive a ‘Second Place’ scholarship award renewable over (4) academic calendar years to be distributed as follows;
- Year (1): $2,500.00, Year (2): $1,000.00, Year (3): $1,000.00, Year (4): $1,000.00.
- 10 individuals will receive a ‘Third Place’ award renewable over (4) academic calendar years to be distributed as follows;
- Year (1): $1,000.00, Year (2): $1,000.00, Year (3): $1,000.00, Year (4): $1,000.00.
- Aged between 17 and 25 years old
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Interview required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Herb It Forward Foundation
HIFF is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to supporting students where it counts. We believe that funding partnered with emotional support creates the foundation for lifelong success.