The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship for high achieving, self-motivated students. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester to help recipients graduate college debt-free, up to $48,000 over eight consecutive semesters.
Hagan Scholars from 42 states currently attend 324 colleges and universities. Recipients must graduate from a public high school having fewer than 100 students in the high school graduating class; or will graduate from a public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents.
Recipients must enroll at a four-year college or university the first semester following high school graduation. Scholarship benefits include Free Workshops, Schwab Accounts, and Study Abroad. Workshops provide recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically taught as a part of the school curriculum.
- 3.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- For residents of the following states: Canada, International, Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Guam
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Photograph required
- Driver’s license required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Hagan Scholarship Foundation
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship for high achieving, goal-driven students. The scholarship provides up to $6,000 each semester to help recipients graduate college debt-free, up to $48,000 over four years. This fall, Hagan Scholars from 46 states will attend 409 colleges and universities.Â Recipients must graduate from one of over 6,000 eligible public high schools listed on the HSF website and enroll at a four-year college or university the first semester following high school graduation. Additional scholarship benefits include freeÂ Workshops to provide recipients with a practical understanding of important life skills not typically covered in the school curriculum, $15,000 Investment Accounts, and $8,000 to Study-Travel Abroad.Website