Greenhouse Scholars’ vision is to create a community of leaders who will evolve the communities of the world. We are not a typical scholarship: we support each Scholar through a special community and with a unique program that provides critical personal and professional support, plus financial subsidies ($5,000 per year for a maximum of 4 years).
Our Whole Person approach, consisting of 8 program components, is designed to connect our Scholars to opportunities and experiences, while also cultivating skill sets and meaningful relationships. We look for high-performing high school seniors who come from low-income communities and have demonstrated true leadership and positive community contributions.
Applicants must be/have:
1) a graduating high school senior who is planning to attend a 4-year, accredited institution,
2) a resident of one of the following states – Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, New York, or North Carolina,
3) a minimum un-weighted, cumulative GPA of 3.5, and
4) an annual household income no greater than $70,000 for a family of four.
- 3.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Test scores required
- Interview required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Recommendations or references required
- Photograph required
- Community Service Required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Greenhouse Scholars
Greenhouse Scholars’ vision is to create a community of young leaders who will evolve the communities of the world. We select extraordinary high school seniors from low income communities and inspire, support, and drive them to change the trajectory of their families, their communities, and broader global communities.Website