Since its inception in 1999, The Golden LEAF Foundation has awarded more than $55.2 million in scholarship funding to more than 25,000 students.
This Golden LEAF Scholarship is open to high school seniors and community college transfer students who reside in a qualifying rural, economically distressed, tobacco-dependent North Carolina county and are planning to enroll full-time in a participating public or private college or university located in North Carolina.
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Reside in a qualifying rural North Carolina county
- Be a graduating North Carolina high school senior or a currently enrolled North Carolina community college transfer student enrolling full-time in the fall
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Plan to enroll in a participating North Carolina public or private college/university
- Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Expected Family Contribution (EFC) that does not exceed the maximum permitted by Golden LEAF
- Be able to communicate a commitment to returning to a rural North Carolina county after graduation from college
High school seniors entering college as first year students are eligible for a four-year scholarship totaling up to $14,000 ($3,500 a year for up to four years). Community college transfer students are eligible for $3,500 a year for up to 3 years.
- 2.5 Minimum GPA
- Must currently be in high school
- For residents of the following states: North Carolina
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
A North Carolina state agency that is responsible for the management of financial aid programs funded by federal, state, and private sources.Website