The Girls Impact the World Film Festival, presented by Connecther, is a film festival and scholarship program in which high school and undergraduate college students submit 3-6 minute short films that focus on a variety of global women’s issues, including maternal health, misrepresentation of beauty, athletes against the assault of women, violence against women, child-marriage, sex-trafficking, poverty alleviation, environmental issues, etc.
What are the basic requirements for a ConnectHER film?
- Films must be 3-6 minutes long
- Film file formats accepted: .mov and .mp4
- They must focus on a ConnectHER topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic Final production must be after January 1, 2021.
- Be an original film that does NOT contain copyrighted material.
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All ConnectHER Film Festival film submission must be original works made entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input. Actors and film subjects may be non-students.
- Powerpoints will not be accepted.
- Films should have some cinematic value. Don’t film yourself talking about a subject in front of a camera. We won’t accept those.
- We highly encourage filmmakers to tell stories that are relevant in their own communities and/or geographic regions. You can see topics that we accept here.
- At the end of your film, please add a slide that lists at least two organizations that are working on solutions to the issue(s) that you address. Include the final ConnectHER end marker.
- Aged between 13 and 25 years old
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Award is available to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada.
- Application form required