The Geoscience Inclusion, Diversity, Equality, and Accessibility (IDEA) Scholarship program encourages women from under-served communities to pursue an education and career in the Geosciences, or Earth Sciences. Many research studies show the Geosciences are the least diverse community in all STEM fields. This Scholarship aims to counteract this and enhance diversity within the future Geoscience workforce.
The scholarship provides up to $5,000 (USD) in awards, annually, typically split between two or more undergraduate students, and matches them with AWG mentors to enhance their careers.
Applicants must be:
- A female, or female-identifying person who is a high school senior or undergraduate level student.
- Identifies as Black, Indigenous/Native, Latin/Hispanic, or other historically marginalized ethnic group such as Asian or LGBTQ+.
- Is enrolling, or already enrolled, in an accredited, post-secondary, or higher education, institution in the United States.
- Has declared Geoscience or Earth Science as a major of study. (NOTE: This scholarship does not support students in STEM programs outside of the Geosciences. Please see the description above for more information on qualifying majors.)
- Must be Female
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Financial need analysis required
- Recommendations or references required
How To ApplyOnline
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information
Donor: Association for Women Geoscientists (AWG)
AWG’s mission is to promote the professional growth and advancement of women in the geosciences, to provide educational, technical, and professional information, and to encourage the participation of girls and women in the geosciences.Website