While continuing to break down barriers by inspiring and helping students to become the future of the technology industry, Google established the Generation Google scholarship in order to fund study abroad for American and Canadian students who aspire to become the best computer scientists of their generation. This award is open to all current high school seniors and university students from Canada and the U.S.
Selected students will receive $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada).
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the upcoming academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
- Type of institution award is open to: two-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: four-year college
- Type of institution award is open to: trade/technical school
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Award is available to Canadian citizens
- Application form required
- Transcript required
- Financial need analysis required
- Essay required
- Resume Required
How To ApplyOnline
Online at: https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/generation-google-scholarship/
Apply Online 🖨️ Print Scholarship
See something that's not right?
Report Incorrect InformationReport incorrect scholarship information