The English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Programs place Fulbrighters in classrooms abroad to provide assistance to the local English teachers. ETAs help teach English language while serving as cultural ambassadors for the U.S. The age and academic level of the students varies by country, ranging from kindergarten to university level. Applicants for ETA Programs can apply to only one country.
All applicants must complete and submit their application via the Fulbright Online Application. This is where you enter data, upload documents, and register your recommenders and foreign language evaluator.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of the United States of America at the time of application.
- Applicants must meet the language requirements of the award to which they are applying and demonstrate sufficient competency to complete their project and adjust to life in the host country.
- Applicants must have a conferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent before the start of the grant.
- Award is available to U.S. citizens
- Application form required
- Essay required